Living in Korea
Korean Conversation
Adaptation to Korea
Rural Living Support
Support for foreigners residing in Korea
Medical Support
Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Child education
Social Security System
Employment and Job Information
Employment and Labor
New Job Center for Women
Cultural Exchange
Taste vs Taste
UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Multicultural Family Support Center
About the Multicultural Family Support Center
Counseling Center
Danuri Helpline 1577-1366
International Marriage Scam Prevention 02-333-1311
Online Counseling
구글번역 닫기

서브 콘텐츠 시작

현재 페이지 위치

  • Living in Korea
  • Support for foreigners residing in Korea
  • Immigration and Stay for Foreigners

Registration of Foreign Residents

Activities Other than Those Permitted under Visa Status

Activities Other than Those Permitted under Visa Status

Qualification and Period

If long-term foreign residents of Korea who stay for more than 91 days intend to maintain their current status and undertake activities permitted under another status, they must apply for a permit for said activities before beginning said activities. Cases include, but are not limited, to the following.

  • Persons with a study abroad (D-2) or language study (D-4-1, D-4-7) qualification who are certified by a foreign student authority (Other qualifications required. Inquiries at ☎1345)

    ※Language students will be approved 6 months after the date of entry.

  • Missionaries with a D-6 visa who wish to deliver lectures at related agencies (E-1)

Marriage immigrants (F-6) can work full-time or part-time jobs without any restrictions. No separate activity permit except stay qualification is required. In the case of jobs such as teaching, additional qualifications in corresponding areas may be required. Even for permitted working activities, Korean law may require prospective employees to possess certain qualifications if required by the job.

Required Documents

  • Application
  • Passport and alien registration card (if applicable)
  • Additional documents, according to status of stay
  • Fee of KRW 120,000 (no fee required for foreign students (D-2) and regular training (D-4))


If approved, an activity permit sticker and permission description will be place on the applicant’s alien registration card. If rejected, a formal letter of rejection will be issued.