Living in Korea
Korean Conversation
Adaptation to Korea
Rural Living Support
Support for foreigners residing in Korea
Medical Support
Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Child education
Social Security System
Employment and Job Information
Employment and Labor
New Job Center for Women
Cultural Exchange
Taste vs Taste
UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Multicultural Family Support Center
About the Multicultural Family Support Center
Counseling Center
Danuri Helpline 1577-1366
International Marriage Scam Prevention 02-333-1311
Online Counseling
구글번역 닫기

서브 콘텐츠 시작

현재 페이지 위치

  • Employment and Job Information
  • Employment and Labor
  • Employment and Vocational Training

Employment and Vocational Training


Employment opportunities for foreign residents vary according to type of visa. Marriage immigrants who have entered Korea under an F-13 or F-21 visa are allowed to seek employment in Korea.

To check your visa status, please contact Hi Korea (, 1345).
Your first step before seeking employment should be to discuss the need for employment, type of work desired and usage of salary with your immediate family members.

Job Centers

You can obtain information on employment for foreigners (marriage immigrants, etc.) by visiting your local Employment Center, Women Resources Development Center, Foreign Workforce Support Center, or Support Center for Mulitcultural Families.

Employment Center
These centers (83 branches nationwide as of August 2013) are representative job placement institutes run free of charge by the State. Korean and foreign jobseekers can inquire at job centers to learn about job openings at companies of interest or to receive career counseling. Company interviews are also held through the center until the jobseeker finds a job.
Job Information Center
These local agencies provide free information on job opportunities. Job information centers are located at most city halls and county offices. The centers will help you find a job close to your residence.
Women Resources Development Center
These comprehensive job placement support institutes for women focus mainly on job placement and training. Most of the programs are provided free of charge, but some may require a small fee.
Foreign Workforce Support Center
These non-governmental organizations assist foreign workers in dealing with employment issues in Korea.
Multicultural Family Support Center
These centers offer job opportunities and cultural programs for multicultural families.

Use of the Internet

Marriage immigrants can use the Internet to aid in their search for employment. Most organizations operating employment services for marriage immigrants manage websites, so users can search for jobs from home via the Internet.

Seoul Global Center

This website is operated by the City of Seoul and provides information related to fairs and job seeking, and employment support to foreigners in Korea, in English and Chinese.


This employment portal site is run by the Ministry of Employment and Labor via the Korea Employment Information Service. It provides job postings, occupational and career information while allowing job seekers to apply to companies of their interest directly on the website. Other services provided on the website include the 'Employment Preparation for Immigrants,' a free occupational psychology test that assesses job seeking immigrants' potential for getting a job.

Korea Network for Occupations and Workers

Run by the Ministry of Employment and Labor via the Korea Employment Information Service, it is an occupational/career information website where you can get occupational, career, and university/college major information. The website offers cyber counseling services for job seekers to find the best suitable jobs.

Employment & Welfare Plus Center

With a nationwide network the website offers integrated services for job openings, welfare, and micro finances. Job seekers can get such services and related information until they find jobs. You can directly access the homepage of the closest employment & welfare plus center to your residence via the center’s main website. The employment & welfare plus center runs various career guidance programs such as short-term group counseling programs, special lectures on employment, and a 'career guidance program for married immigrant women (WIND)' to encourage their employment, improve their job skill set, and provide welfare and financial services.

Women’s Resource Development Center

This center provides various job training programs, vocational training, and counseling for working women, and serves as a comprehensive job placement support institution for women.

Job Information Centers of Cities and Guns Local governments

This center operates free job brokerage organizations. Please refer to the websites of local governments for more information.

Vocational Training

Vocational training is a system that helps people who hope to open a business or work at a company to acquire technologies and skills. Foreigners can apply if they have a history of insured qualification, but married immigrants can receive support without this history.

  • Employment Center (
  • The Ministry of Employment and Labor Counseling Center (☎1350 without area code)
  • Career capability development information network of the Ministry of Employment and Labor (

Nae-il-bae-um Card System

The system helps students to receive proper training by issuing them with a career capability development account (Nae-il-bae-um Card) to support training for the unemployed who need it.

Eligibility for support

The unemployed over the age of 15 who has applied for a job at employment center, etc., marriage immigrants and immigrated youth over the age of 15 in their family, small business owners (provided the business period has been more than one year, and the annual sales amount is less than KRW 150 million), high school seniors not going to college, and university/college graduate candidates, etc.


  • Maximum support: Supports 20%~95% of the actual training costs up to a maximum of KRW 2 million per person (Trainee pays the remainder directly.)
    • Participants of type 2 in the employment success package receive 50%~95% of the actual training costs whereas type 1 participants receive the whole amount of training or 90% of the amount up to a maximum of KRW 3 million.
    • The entire training costs are refunded to those who paid for it themselves and maintained their career for more than 6 months by working or starting business in the same job position within 6 months of the date of training completion (the early employed, and graduates).
    • When a student attends 80% of the training days (per month), up to an additional KRW 116,000 is paid monthly.
  • Expiration date: 1 year from account issuance date
    • If the applicant does not participate in training within 6 months from opening the account, the account will be suspended and the remaining amount is forfeited. (The account may be reopened after applying for jobs.) If re-applying for the account, the previous support limit will be reduced by 50%.

Supported training courses

  • Account-qualified training courses recognized and announced by the Ministry of Employment and Labor
    • Courses are recognized and announced as account-qualified training courses by the Minister of Employment and Labor through review during training course applied by the training institution. Search on the job training portal HRD-Net ( to attend training courses selected and negotiated by trainees and counselors of the employment center.

Application procedure

  1. 1. Training Counseling

    Job application and application for account / In-depth counseling (Center ↔ the unemployed)

  2. 2. Opening the account

    Review on necessity of training, and importance / Select opening of the account and training position(Center → the unemployed)

  3. 3. Attend courses

    Register training courses / Attend training courses(The unemployed ↔ training agency)

  4. 4. Support costs

    Apply for training fee per month / Training fee and training support subsidy are calculated and paid after checking attendance days(Hiring center)

Other Job Training Services

  • For married immigrant women, in addition to Nae-il-bae-um card system training conducted through employment insurance, other free or paid vocational training programs are available at Women Resources Development Center (, Women’s Community Center, etc.
  • Not all agencies offer job training services for married immigrant women and female foreigners; consult your nearest center before visiting.
  • Further details are available at multicultural family support centers and related organizations.