Living in Korea
Korean Conversation
Adaptation to Korea
Rural Living Support
Support for foreigners residing in Korea
Medical Support
Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Child education
Social Security System
Employment and Job Information
Employment and Labor
New Job Center for Women
Cultural Exchange
Taste vs Taste
UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Multicultural Family Support Center
About the Multicultural Family Support Center
Counseling Center
Danuri Helpline 1577-1366
International Marriage Scam Prevention 02-333-1311
Online Counseling
구글번역 닫기

서브 콘텐츠 시작

현재 페이지 위치

  • Living in Korea
  • Support for foreigners residing in Korea
  • Immigration and Stay for Foreigners

Registration of Foreign Residents

Obligation of Foreign Residents to Report

Obligation of Foreign Residents to Report

Foreigners registered as alien are required to report the following cases to the Immigration Office in their area of residence or employment within 14 days from the date of the cases occurred. Foreigners who fail to report may be subject to fines or other penalties regarding their stay.

Cases to Report

Foreign residents who have been registered in Korea must report the following information changes to the appropriate Korea Immigration Service office within 14 days of said change.

  • Changes in name, sex, date of birth, and/or nationality
  • Changes in passport number, date of issuance, and passport expiration date
  • Changes in basic information (including change of names) or addition of organizations for D-1, D-2, D-4 and D-9 status holders
  • Initiation of training of D-10 holders or change of training organizations (including change of names)
  • Initiation/changes of employment for H-2 holders
  • Change or name change of individuals and organizations for H-2 holders
  • Change of residence due to reasons such as moving

Required Documents

  • Application
  • Passport and alien registration card
  • Documents to prove the change (documents proving the new address for change of the residence)

Useful Information

What is quarantine?(Inspection on livestock‧plants)
Quarantine inspection is being implemented to all incoming livestock and plants from abroad to avoid epidemic of diseases and harmful insects in all ports and airports nationwide.
Quarantine Procedures
  • Arrival in Korea (airports, seaports, postal service)
  • Immigration screening
  • Fill out customs declaration (inspection report) form
  • Inspection on animals, plants, agricultural and livestock products: Only the products that passed the quarantine will enter the country.
  • Customs inspection
  • Entry to the country
Inspection on animal‧livestock products
  • Livestock products that are prohibited
    1. ① Meat such as beef, pork, chicken, duck, etc.
    2. ② Processed meat products such as ham, sausage, beef jerky, and non-pasteurized milk products
  • Livestock products that are allowed to carry
    1. ① Items: Sterilized processed meat products‧processed egg products, pasteurized milk products
    2. ② Documents: documents verifying sterilization or pasteurization and BSE free certificate issued by the country of export
Inspection on plants‧agricultural products
  • Agricultural products that are prohibited
    1. ① Raw fruits including mangos, bananas, apples, pears, oranges, limes, avocados, etc.
    2. ② Fruit vegetables such as beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, etc. and soil or plants with soil on
  • Plants that are allowed to carry
    1. ① Items: Dried agricultural products (grain, dried mushrooms, spices, coffee, etc.) and processed food
  • Flowers (cut flowers), seeds, seedlings, etc. are passed when no disease or pest has detected at the epidemiological investigation
    1. ② Documents: Plant quarantine certificate issued by the government of the country of export
  • Not required for plants unintended for planting that are imported by carry-on, mail, and consignment (except for seeds and seedlings)

For more details on quarantine, please contact the Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency ( (054-912-1000 or 032-740-2661,2077)