Living in Korea
Korean Conversation
Adaptation to Korea
Rural Living Support
Support for foreigners residing in Korea
Medical Support
Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Child education
Social Security System
Employment and Job Information
Employment and Labor
New Job Center for Women
Cultural Exchange
Taste vs Taste
UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Multicultural Family Support Center
About the Multicultural Family Support Center
Counseling Center
Danuri Helpline 1577-1366
International Marriage Scam Prevention 02-333-1311
Online Counseling
구글번역 닫기

서브 콘텐츠 시작

현재 페이지 위치

  • Counseling Center
  • Danuri Helpline 1577-1366
  • FAQ


  • A FAQs section is provided for a quick answer to questions you might have.
  • If your question is not answered in the FAQs section, forward your inquiry to the online counseling team.
Online Counseling

FAQ 검색



QI heard that multicultural families can receive in-home educational services. What kinds of educational services are available?

Of the 217 Multicultural Family Support Centers in operation nationwide, 214 centers  operate in-home (visiting) educational services in which trained instructors are sent to targeted households. Visiting educational services include Korean language education and parental education for marriage immigrants and youth life services for multicultural youths. Please call or visit the Multicultural Family Support Center in your area of residence for more information on visiting education and to register for services. 

As of October 1, 2014, fees for the use of youth life services must be paid by the recipient, based on the recipient's level of income. For detailed information, please visit your local Multicultural Family Support Center.

Find the Multicultural Family Support Center nearest you

QWhat is the content of the language development services for multicultural youth?

Language development services are provided for free at multicultural centers, local childcare facilities, kindergartens, and elementary schools (etc.) for children of multicultural families ages 12 and under.


○ Language Development Assessment

- Conducting of initial interview of targeted children and their legal guardians (parents, director of childcare services, etc.) 

- Assessment of child’s language development using appropriate assessment tools

  • Conducting of 2-4 rounds of assessment (assessment period of 40min), adjusted according to the child’s age, development, and individual circumstances

○ Language Development Education

-  Language education classes to improve vocabulary, sentence construction, conversation, communication skills needed in daily life, and reading (etc.) for children assessed as needing language development services  

-  Implementation of educational services based on child’s individual assessment results

  • Classes held 1-2 times a week; each class is 40min in length

  • Class types: individual classes (1:1), group classes (2 or more students)

     ※ Group classes are comprised of students of similar ages and developmental levels.

○ Parental Counseling and Education

- Parental education and counseling is provided for the parents of children participating in language development services to help parents understand and support their children’s language development

QAre services of the Multicultural Family Support Center free?

Services of the Multicultural Support Center (multicultural family integrated education, job training, counseling, etc.) and in-home educational service, parental education services, and Korean education services are free of charge.

Fees for youth life services have been in effect since October 1, 2014. 


Please contact the Multicultural Family Support Center in your area for more detailed information. 

QSomeone told me that you can study Korean and make friends at the Multicultural Family Support Center, and I wanted to go check it out. Do I need to register? If so, what do I need to register?

You will need to register in order to use services provided by the Multicultural Family Support Center. When registering, you will need to present a certified copy of your alien registration (copy of certificate for marriage immigrants) or your certificate of family relations and a copy of your alien registration card.

QMy friend`s child is a multicultural youth and is falling behind his peers due to his poor language skills. Can this child get help?

Children of multicultural families can receive language development support by contacting the multicultural family support in their area of residence. Language development services are provided by language development instructors who hold classes at Multicultural Family Support Centers or outside childcare/educational organizations to teach children of multicultural families age-appropriate language for daily life.

QWhat exactly does the Multicultural Family Support Center do?

Multicultural family centers are city, gun, and gu centers that use government and local funding pursuant to Article 12 of the Multicultural Family Support Act to provide the following types of services to multicultural families.

○ Korean education (classroom & in-home): systematic Korean education by level that familiarizes learners with language and culture needed for daily life

- Target (classroom): marriage immigrants, migrant children (ages 18 and under)

- Target (in-home): marriage immigrants (who have been in Korea for 5 years or less), migrant children 

○ Integrated education for multicultural families (classroom): educational programs to enrich the relationships between multicultural family members and to discuss family culture and roles within the family

- Educational programs for the enrichment of family relationship categorized by target, etc. Family education, spouses/couples education, parent and child education, multicultural understanding 

* Family education, spouse/couple education, parent and child education, multicultural understanding education

○ Parent educational services (in-home): information services, family counseling, and enrichment education related to childrearing, developmental stages (pregnancy, newborns, infants, children) for marriage immigrants and children under 12, including those from economically challenged regions. 

○ Child life services (in-home): support services (reading of school notifications, homework logs, etc.) for multicultural youths (ages 3-12)

○ Individual and family counseling, case management (onsite at the center, in-home, and over the phone): stress relief and improvement of self-esteem within multi-cultural families

QI would like to receive legal aid support services by phone. Can I get help?

The Danuri Call Center (1577-1366) provides counseling in cooperation with the Korea Bar Association.

Please call 1577-1366 to make a reservation in advance for these services.

QWe are a multicultural family that is using childcare services for the first time. Can we receive counseling?

Yes. Detailed information regarding childcare services for new users can be obtained through counseling services provided by eup, myeon, and dong community centers in your area of residence.

QI have trouble communicating in Korean when I go to the pharmacy to buy medicine or go to the hospital to get treatment. Can I get help?

Yes! Call the Danuri Call Center at 1577-1366 and we will connect you with a counselor who speaks your native language who will provide interpretation services between you and the doctor or pharmacist.

(※ Service languages: Korean, English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Tagalog,  Khmer, Mongolian, Russian, Japanese, Uzbek, Nepali, and Lao)

QI am a marriage immigrant who does not have Korean citizenship. Do I have to report a change of address?

Foreigners must file a change of residence report within 14 days of the official change of residence. Change of residence reports may be made at the city, gun, or gu office or at the immigration office that has jurisdiction over your place of residence. Those who fail to report their change of residence may be subject to fines and/or other penalties.